Piton Science & Technology is seeking a Source Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. The position will be located at the Joint Staff on site at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of the team providing the Joint Chiefs of Staff, J-8.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source Analysts shall support studies of combined and joint military operations conducted across the spectrum of war, from theater campaigns to operations other than war.
- Study objectives include course of action analysis, operational planning, time-phased force deployment data, feasibility assessments, identifying and managing areas of operational risk, determining force requirements, and developing tactics, techniques, and procedures for tactical and operational problems.
- Analysis is performed using widely accepted military combat models and simulations, all source intelligence analysis as well as other appropriate operations research techniques.
- Source Analysts interpret, synthesize, and present results and recommendations to senior military and civilian decision makers.
- Source Analysts shall be responsible for employing and maintaining selected models and simulations (to include their data bases) specifically designed to analyze some aspect of military operations.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Depending on experience either a Bachelors degree or graduation from a military command and staff college or military operational experience is required. The three acceptable degree/experience requirement options are:
- Bachelors: 10 years of task related experience (5 of which earned as E-6 or O-3 or above) with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Graduation from a military command and staff college: 10 years of task related experience (5 of which earned as E-6 or O-3 or above) and graduation from a military command and staff college.
- Military operational experience: A combination of 15 years of military operational experience (5 of which earned as E-6 or O-3 or above). Operational experience includes planning and executing combined and joint operations at the theater or component level, knowledge of combat arms, all source intelligence analysis, logistics, civil-military operations, and site’s area of responsibility or functional area) and task related experience.
Security Clearance Requirement: Position requires a Final Top Secret (TS) clearance. Clearance will be verified in JPAS.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with DoD budget analysis, cost estimation, and PBBES. National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) experience is a plus.