Piton Science & Technology is seeking a Software Developer to maintain and enhance the Knowledge Management Decision Support (KMDS) tool to support the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon. The applicant will become part of the team supporting Joint Staff J8 IT & Modeling and Simulation Service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Member of a team providing support for unique tools, models and information technologies used by the Joint staff in accomplishing their missions.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
* Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
* Ensures software standards are met.
* The candidate must show the ability to formulate and define system scope and objectives; draft detailed recommended specifications for programs; and design, code, test, debug and document programs.
* Ability to work well in ambiguous and flexible circumstances.
* Bachelor''s degree plus four years of experience in computer software design, debugging, testing, coding and design.
* Position requires a current Top Secret Clearance
* Experience serving on the Joint Staff or other staff particularly in the JS J8
* Experience with DoD customers
* Prior experience supporting development of analytic tools, interfaces
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance