NEW! – Personnel Security Specialist (Telework) - Updated Description
Personnel Security Specialist (Telework) - Updated Description
Federal Government Customized Training, Human Capital and Organizational Performance Services
SDVOSB Defense and Intelligence Solution Provider
Piton Science & Technology is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing strategic consulting, technology services and business process outsourcing to leading government and DoD agencies. Our name depicts the delivery and implementation of business solutions that move organizations above their peers and competitors.
Climb higher with Piton
HCaTS at Piton - 4 Prime Contracts
Piton is a Prime Contractor on each of the four pools of the HCaTS Unrestricted and HCATS Small Business contracts which provide all federal agencies with a reliable, flexible, fast and efficient way to obtain best value solutions for complex human capital and training service requirements. HCaTS as the first government Category Management contract which for the first time provides the opportunity to change the relationship the government has with its suppliers to one that is more collaborative and is an important first step for the government in optimizing spending in the human capital category. HCaTS “buy-as-one” cuts costs and increases efficiency by providing all federal agencies with access to proven and high quality best in class for human capital and training contractors who were awarded prime contracts on the HCaTS Unrestricted and HCATS Small Business Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) government-wide base contracts.
As a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) prime contractor, Piton is able to accept sole source awards and to participate in small business or SDVOSB set-aside procurements on both the HCaTS Unrestricted and HCATS Small Business contracts. Piton is also able to participate on a competitive basis for delivery orders issued against either the unrestricted or small business contracts.
More information on Piton's HCaTS contracts
HCaTS Teaming Opportunities - Team-as-One
Piton as an HCaTS prime contractor extended the principles and benefits of the HCaTS “buy-as-one” movement by establishing the Piton "team-as-one" movement. HCaTS “buy-as-one” is focused on providing federal agencies with access to prime contractors who are proven and high quality best in class for human capital and training. Piton "team-as-one" is focused on providing federal agencies with access to procurement specific customized Piton teams where teaming decisions are based on mapping corporate core competencies of potential subcontractors with the specific HCaTS procurement needs of the federal agency.
Large Business Teaming
Small Business Teaming
HCaTS Teaming Details
Are we looking for you?
Human resources professional?
Instructional Systems Design professional?
Success oriented and self-driven?
Personnel Security Specialist (Telework) - Updated Description
Title: Personnel Security Specialist (Telework)
This is an updated description which at the bottom includes the cities and states of the offices across the United States which will be supported by the telework. Personnel Security Specialists will be assigned on a telework basis to support a particular office.
Position Type: Full-Time 100% Remote
Period of Performance: Base year and four option years.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience conducting background investigations
- Requires a Tier 4 high risk public trust or higher – within last five years.
- Excellent communication, research, and data management skills
- Demonstrate solid understanding of and perform duties in accordance with 5 CFR 731.
- Evaluate suitability applications and completed background investigations to elicit pertinent information and material facts to make a preliminary adjudicative decision, subject to Personnel Security Specialist’s (Adjudicator) review on whether to hire, approve or deny access. Derogatory information refers to any information provided either by applicant, employee, contractor or by any other means that could be disqualifying.
- Perform suitability prescreening and review numerous required documents with minimal errors.
- Perform end to end adjudication as required excluding inherently governmental functions.
- Review completed background investigations as required; compare and cross-check information.
- Effectively communicate with customers and stakeholders as required, both verbally and in writing as appropriate.
- Maintain personnel security records, verify data, and perform security checks utilizing specified government systems, and Electronic Questionnaires of Investigations Processing (eQIP), USAccess, Fingerprint Results, OF-306 and other as provided.
- Analyzing investigation reports conducted by other security entities to support IRS determinations; screening, evaluation, and adjudication of background investigations, performing other duties as required to assist with resolving security concerns; and
- Prepare written analysis and propose recommendations to resolve complex issues; identify high priority cases/issues for review as required.
Background Investigations - Contract Management Module
- Assist the Contract Management Module team with contractor onboarding tasks.
- Create contractor records in the Automated Background Investigations System.
- Validate/process onboarding documents submitted to Contract Management Module e-mail account.
- Assist with Contract Management Module maintenance tasks.
- Update contractor lifecycle page when adjudication or separation forms are received.
We offer a competitive compensation commensurate with the technical and professional qualifications, a great benefits package, and an excellent work environment. As a federal government contractor, we participate in the e-Verify program.
Staffing for this position is contingent on receipt of funding.
Piton Science & Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The telecommute work will support government offices at the following locations with analysts assigned to support a specific office.
- Albuquerque, NM
- Andover, MA
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Boise, IA
- Chamblee, GA
- Charlotte, NC
- Chesterfield, MO
- Chicago, IL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Covington, KY
- Detroit, MI
- Downers Grove, IL
- Fairview Heights, IL
- Fresno, CA
- Hampton, VA
- Holtsville, NY
- Houston, TX
- Laguna Niguel, CA
- Lanham, MD
- Lexington, KY
- Little Rock, AR
- Lowell, MA
- Manchester, NH
- Memphis, TN
- Miami, FL
- Ogden, UT
- Parkersburg, WV
- Portland, OR
- Raleigh, NC
- Santa Ana, CA
- San Antonio, TX
- Silverdale, WA
- Louis, MO
- Washington, DC